Thursday, September 10, 2009

Classes

Classes have started at WMU! They started Tuesday, Sept. 8th. I have a pretty decent schedule, three classes M/W, 10am-4pm, and then only one classes T/R 9:30am-10:45am. 15 credit hours, so nothing too time consuming. I'm hoping to 4.0 this semester. We'll see.

I have Psych 100, Intro to Psych, this semester. In this class are at least three of my residents, and a lot of other residents are in Psych 100 at a different time. It's convinient, and I think I will organize study sessions with them. It's a program...and a good way to connect with them. A lot of my residents are really excited about classes, which makes me happy. Even some residents who I didn't think would be very excited about them actually are.

I co-ran my first RA program on Tuesday...Speed Friending! We didn't expect a lot of interest because it's the beginning of the week, first day of class, etc., but we actually had 20 residents attend the program! It went really well too...they were talking and laughing and I think they made friends. I had six of my residents there, too, which was encouraging. I'm co-hosting another program tonight, Showstopper Doorstopper, where we will paint door stoppers to keep the doors open so that community is developed on the floors. It's already showing a lot of interest...I hope we don't run out of door stoppers!

That's all for now. I already have homework to do...and an exam next week. Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Pebs:

    All sounds good. Your floor sounds fun.

    See you soon.

    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete