Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I don't even know what day of the week it is.

For the past few (well, more like six or something) days, my life has been non-stop RA-related activities, as expected during our 10-day training schedule. We literally get up and get ready, then have training from, on average, 9:00am to about 10-11:00pm. We get an hour for lunch and an hour for dinner. Occasionally we get out early, like tonight for example, we were done about 8:00pm so I went and saw a movie with Jeff.

I think I have pretty much everything done...still waiting on my list of residents before I can finish writing out the door decorations and hanging all those up. We will probably get those tomorrow.

So far the sessions we have attended have been...mildly entertaining... Most of it I feel like is being way overdone, and sitting in the same chair for about five hours gets old very quickly. All the information is vital, though, so at least training is worthwhile. I've had a lot of questions answered and really gotten to know the other RAs I'll be working with this year. I've actually made some pretty good friendships, I think.

Tomorrow is another long day so this will be a short post, but I wanted to update everyone a little before it got too late into training.

2 comments:

  1. Good update Amy...thanks for the information.

    With all this training maybe you can come home and counsel the dogs on how to be better mutts!!!!!

    Love you,

    Pops

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amy,
    thanks for the update. I know you are taking it all in even though it can be boring. Not much longer til those freshmen arrive! Then things will get interesting fast.
    love you,
    mom

    ReplyDelete