Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 1






I'm all moved in! My room looks great...and feels so big since there isn't another bed/desk/person in here. Its great. I'll post pictures soon, if not at the end of this post.

Training started at 2:00pm today. It was just our staff today. We stayed in the building and went over procedures and duty nights and desk shifts and everything like that. Turns out I'll be working at the front desk every Wednesday night from 11:00pm-2:00am. Yeah. Not sure how I feel about that one. My weekly duty nights will be Thursdays. Things are actually different this year, and my duty partner Todd and I will have to do four rounds per night, the first starting around 9pm and the last around 1:00am. I only have three duty weekends for first semester, and have to work Thanksgiving. It's a little unfortunate, but at least I have family nearby :)

Well, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all of the information that I received today...but my hall director is actually assigning me and this other new girl (we only have two new RAs in the entire building) training "buddies" so we have someone to ask questions without feeling dumb. Because the others (the 8 returners) we all first years at one point!

Okay here are some pictures of my room and my very first RA bulletin board!

2 comments:

  1. Good pics, Amy. Nice to see you today on campus. See you soon.

    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    It was nice seeing you today but sorry it was so rushed. We loved seeing your room all set up and your bulletin board. Very nicely done! I love the view out your window too. Have fun tonight! See you soon. MOM

    ReplyDelete