Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It's Already October?

Well hello!!

I haven't written in here in a while and I have some time so I thought I'd update.

Things really haven't changed much. My residents are still pretty great, and I'm still liking the job. The only downside to the job is the feeling of no freedom. I mean, we aren't in jail. But, sometimes it feels like it. Especially when you want to do something, like go to the WMU/CMU game, and can't. But, we signed up to do this.

I've also found that it is very hard to live where you work. I like A/S and I'm so happy I received placement here. However, I have residents coming to me at all hours of the day. They don't care that it's 11:00pm and the only thing I want to do is sleep. They don't care that I've just gotten home from class and need to take some time to recover from a hectic day. They need help when they need help. Normally it's little things, like advice on an outfit or information about a club or other campus resource, or a lock out, but when you have 39 residents, the requests can seem daunting. I don't mind doing things for them though, that's why I'm here. If they weren't such good residents then I might be less willing to help them out.

I have done some programs recently. I did a diversity program with beading and that turned out really well. My friend (and fellow RA) Danielle and I put on a Girl's Night program that was a big success, too. I thought that programs would be daunting and hard to accomplish and that no one would attend, but we seem to be having a lot of attendance at programs this year. Tomorrow, another RA and I are putting on a Ping Pong tournament for the hall. I think that'll be pretty cool, too.

Lots of homework lately. But, I'm well on my way to that 4.0 that I'm after. Things are looking up.

2 comments:

  1. Amy:

    Good update. Thanks. Sounds like things are going pretty well. Your residents are lucky to have you as their RA. See you soon.

    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    You are so busy! I'm glad you are able to have time for studying. See you in a couple weeks!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete